Protection of Privacy
Copyright and Reproduction
Lexum reserves the intellectual property rights pertaining to all aspects of Lexbox, in particular its website’s content, graphic, navigation and features design.
- view Lexbox website pages in a web browser;
- download Lexbox website pages for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from the Lexbox website;
- use Lexbox by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
You may only use Lexbox for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use Lexbox for any other purposes.
Content originating on other websites and reproduced within Lexbox through the use of the service is subject to the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from Lexbox (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from Lexbox;
- show any material from Lexbox in public;
- exploit material from Lexbox for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from Lexbox.
Notwithstanding the reproduction rights granted in the preceding section, the following uses of Lexbox are prohibited unless Lexum has provided its prior written consent:
- use Lexbox in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website or service;
- use Lexbox in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use Lexbox to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- share your Lexbox account with anyone else. Your Lexbox account is personal, and collective use of the service via a single account is prohibited;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to Lexbox;
- external indexing of content by Web robots when such use is not authorized by the instructions in the robots exclusion file at <http://lexum.com/robots.txt> or in a META tag in the HTML code of an individual web page, in compliance with the Robots Exclusion Protocol;
- incorporating Lexbox into another website but masking its origin or source through framing, re-use of processes, or any other means of creating confusion and misrepresenting the fact that the content come from Lexbox;
- use data collected from Lexbox to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
We reserve the right to restrict access to portion of the Lexbox website or services at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on Lexbox.
To be eligible for an account on Lexbox you must be at least 18 years of age.
You may register for an account with Lexbox by completing and submitting the account registration form, and clicking on the verification link in the email that Lexbox will send to you.
Keep your account password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Lexbox account. You must not allow any other person to use your account to access Lexbox. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account. You must not use any other person’s account to access Lexbox.
If you no longer wish to have a user account on Lexbox, you may terminate your account by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In connection with your account, Lexum may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
Lexum reserves the right to block, at its discretion and without prior notice, any user from accessing its account if the user misuses its account or uses it for illegal purposes.
License on your Content
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive your content to or through Lexbox, you grant Lexum a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media / reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to Lexbox and any successor website / reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to Lexbox. You also grant Lexum the right to sub-license the rights licensed above.
You grant Lexum the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under the above section.
You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
Rules Relating to your Content
You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, trade secret, or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- constitute spam; or
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
You own your content and preserving your access to your data is important. If we discontinue Lexbox in part or totally, we will give you reasonable advance notice and a chance to export your data where reasonably possible.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Lexum puts considerable effort into maintaining Lexbox and controlling the quality of its content so as to provide a reliable service. However, Lexum provide no warranty and makes no claim as to the reliability, accuracy or integrity of the website’s content or functioning.
Lexum reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of Lexbox services at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
Disclaimer of Liability
Lexbox website and services have been assembled and prepared for users’ convenience, and uniquely for informative purposes; they are in no way legal advice. Despite the care taken in preparing and maintaining Lexbox, Lexum, and its employees, managers and other officers can in no way be held responsible for damages caused directly or indirectly by use of the Lexbox or by its non-availability.
Use of Lexbox is governed by the federal and provincial legislation in force in the Province of Quebec, Canada. Any legal action against Lexum with regards to Lexbox shall be brought before the courts of the District of Montreal in the Province of Quebec, Canada.